Making s’mores in the air fryer just might be one of the easier ways to make s’mores indoors. It’s also less messy when using the air fryer.
Air Fryer S’mores Hand Pie Recipe
Some of us enjoy s’mores any time of the year. What I like about making s’mores is that it’s easy, the kids can help with the prepping and then a delicious dessert is ready to enjoy when we are. It’s also a great dessert to make for parties.
Using Puff Pastry or Crescent Roll Dough
When I decided to make s’mores I only had puff pastry in my fridge. No worries, this recipe is flexible and you can use what you have or what your dough preference might be for hand pies. I usually have a stock of puff pastry and assorted refrigerator dough but I’ve been baking more snacks recently since the hot weather has us staying home more than usual.
You could use crescent roll dough and roll it out. The prep and results will be almost the same except the puff pastry is crispy and flaky and the crescent dough is not crispy and flaky but has a hint of sweetness. I noticed it was sweet when I made pretzels a few weeks ago. It was a surprise to find the crescent roll dough was sweet, but since I did not add anything to the dough when I made the pretzels I detected the sweetness in the dough.
You can also make this delicious Fresh Berry Peach Crisp Dessert in the air fryer as well.Print
Air Fryer S’mores Hand Pie Recipe
Air Fryer S’mores Hand Pie Recipe is an easy dessert you can make any time of the year. Using the air fryer makes this recipe quick and easy. You can make hand pies for two or just for the kids on a rainy afternoon. This is also a terrific recipe to make for a kids party.
- Prep Time: 8-12 min.
- Cook Time: 8-12 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min.
- Yield: 6-12 hand pies
- 2 sheets of puff pastry defrosted
- 2 chocolate bars (use your preferred chocolate)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (they will melt away after the pastry is baked)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (or you can use a graham cracker square)
- egg wash (1 egg)
- roll out the pastry dough (or the crescent dough if using)
- cut it into the size of the hand pies you would like. I made mine large but 2-3″ squares is usually a good size. It’s all up to you.
- Place the chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows in the center of half of the squares. Next add a rim of water along the edges of the prepared square.
- Add the remaining squares on top of the filled squares and press the edges together. Use a fork of seal edges if you wish.
- Brush the tops of the hand pies with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar if you wish.
- Bake 330 degrees in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes. Check for doneness, if necessary cook another few minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from air fryer to wire rack to cool.
- I drizzled melted chocolate over a few pies. You can leave them plain or even add a marshmallow cream topping.
The yield for this recipe will depend on the size of the hand pies you make. Mine were a little large. I found that smaller was better after I made them a few times. It’s all a personal preference.
One of the hand pie recipes I made recently was more like a mounds bar. I added flaked coconut to the center with the chocolate and then sprinkled coconut flakes on top after the egg wash was brushed on. You can add whatever your favorite add ins might be.
This is a recipe you can make ‘your way’! Use the ingredients you know everyone will enjoy in their dessert. The air fryer takes the heat out of the kitchen so you can make this air fryer s’mores hand pie recipe in the middle of summer as well as in a blizzard in winter. ENJOY!
PLEASE SHARE &