Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Shrimp and broccoli stir fry recipe is an easy to make meal when time is short. This is a flexible recipe so you can use your family’s favorite ingredients.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Asian
- 1 cup brown rice
- approx. 1/2 lb. cleaned shrimp
- 1 thinly sliced small onion and 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 pkg. frozen broccoli florets (you ca certainly use a fresh head of broccoli)
- 1-2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. soy sauce & 1 tsp. vegetable oil (if needed)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat a heavy saute pan and add the oil. Then add the onion and garlic and stir until the onion is translucent.
- Pre-cook the frozen broccoli in the microwave only half the time recommended. It will cook through when added to the shrimp.
- Add shrimp to hot oil and cook about 1 minute on each side.
- Add pre-cooked broccoli to the shrimp and stir together about another minute.
- Now add the chicken broth and soy sauce to taste. You can add salt and pepper to taste if you wish but the soy sauce is salty.
- Stir for a minute until the broccoli heats through and the shrimp are cooked — about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 TBLS. of water and stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add it to the saucepan and stir for a few seconds and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
Keywords: stir fry, easy dinner recipe, Asian style stir fry