Making snacks for the kids or a sweet treat to have after dinner is always on my radar.
Air Fryer Baked Cake Doughnuts
I made this very easy air fryer baked cake doughnut recipe last week. WoW, they were gone in the blink of an eye. I can’t believe how fast snacks disappear.
The weather has been hot, but I had no problem making this air fryer baked cake doughnut recipe when it was 90 degrees in the shade. Call me crazy, but with all the heat it seemed we needed a little cheering up. Sweet treats always bring smiles. Making sweet treats in the air fryer also keeps the kitchen cool. This is a win win!
This quick and easy air fryer baked cake doughnut recipe is great to make on rainy weekends with the kids. Since this is a cake doughnut recipe, the dough is rolled out and then cut with a cookie cutter to make the doughnuts. This is a recipe that the kids will surely enjoy making.Print
Air Fryer Baked Cake Doughnut Recipe
Air Fryer Baked Cake Doughnut Recipe is a very easy to make anytime. Great for weekend breakfasts or after school snacks. The kids can easily help to cut out the doughnuts and decorate after they bake. This recipe is adapted from 175 Air Fryer Recipes.
- Prep Time: 10-14 min.
- Cook Time: 3-5 min.
- Total Time: 45 min.
- Yield: 1 dz.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 2/3 cup granulated Monk Fruit
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp. milk, room temperature
- 2 Tbls. melted butter – cooled slightly
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- FOR DECORATING
- assorted sprinkles
- Monk Fruit confectioners sugar
- In medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg (if using – it adds that doughnut ‘flavor’ – you can leave it out if you choose.)
- In a separate medium size bowl beat together the granulated sugar and eggs using an electric mixer for about 3-5 minutes until thick and pale. (A hand mixer is fine. I used my blender and let it mix for about 45 seconds and it worked fine. Then add in the milk, melted butter and vanilla – 30-45 seconds.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture gently until blended. Do not overmix.
- The mixture will be a sticky dough. Use a little flour to gather the dough and wrap it in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled dough – it will still be a sticky dough – on a floured surface to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a 2 1/2″ circle/cookie cutter or doughnut cutter. Cut out a 1″ center of the doughnut.
- Re-roll up the scraps and repeat until all dough is cut out.
- PRE-HEAT Air Fryer to 330 degrees. Check your manufacturer’s appliance for directions.
- Gently place the doughnuts into the air fryer basket, coated gently with cooking spray.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. When they are lightly browned, turn them over using tongs and cook for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- When lightly browned, gently remove the doughnuts to a wire rack.
- Decorate with a glaze and sprinkles.
Here is the part the kids will enjoy. Whenever sugar is involved the kids are ‘all in’. It’s always fun especially when they start sprinkling. This is the best rainy day recipe to make for the family. Enjoy!