A quick and easy weeknight meal you can make in any season using the air fryer is this easy air fryer roasted sausage and peppers recipe.
Air Fryer Roasted Sausage and Peppers Recipe
When I need a quick and easy recipe, sausage and peppers comes to mind. It’s very easy to make and the preparation for this recipe is just to cut the peppers and onions. The prep can be done at any time, even a day in advance. Clean the peppers before you store them in the fridge. Now the prep for dinner is more than half ready. For me, this is what works best.
Cooking sausage and peppers is also a breeze. It can be oven roasted and cooked all in one pan, or in summer you can grill it. When the chilly and snowy days of winter arrive make it in the air fryer. No mess, and it’s definitely quick and easy.Print
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers Recipe
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers Recipe is a quick and easy meal to make in any season. You can either oven bake the sausage and peppers all in one pan or add the ingredients to the air fryer basket. Dinner is ready when you are.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 20-35 min.
- Total Time: 45 min.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 1-2 lbs. Italian sweet or hot sausage (use your favorite sausage)
- 3-4 large bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange)
- 1-2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 tsp. chopped basil (fresh or dried)
- 1 tbls. chopped parsley
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
- TIP: You can also par-boil the sliced peppers if you wish. This is just a personal preference. It does not affect the end result of the recipe.
- Cut and remove the ribs/seeds/stem and slice the peppers lengthwise. Depending on the size of the peppers you can make 6 or 8 wedges. Then slice the onions.
- In a medium size bowl add the oregano, basil, parsley, oil, and balsamic vinegar and stir well to blend. Add in the sliced peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Using a slotted spoon, add in the sausage and peppers to the air fryer basket – making sure there is no liquid going into the basket. You can use a paper towel and gently dab the mixture which will remove excess liquid.
- Spread out the sausage and peppers evenly in the basket and cook for 15-20 minutes. Open the basket and stir the sausage and peppers. Continue to cook additional 10-15 minutes until the sausage is browned and the juices are clear when poked with a fork. The peppers and onions will be browned as well.
If you follow me you know that most of my recipes are flexible in that ingredients can be often be changed to what your family enjoys most. The cooking methods are also flexible. You can also oven roast this in one pan as well as cook it in the air fryer.
When having a large gathering, bridal or baby showers, add this air fryer sausage and peppers recipe to your menu. It’s a very easy recipe you can make in advance.
Air Fryer Roasted Sausage and Peppers recipe is one that will serve well on a party buffet. So easy to make and delicious, you can also add easy homemade focaccia bread. Don’t forget game day, this is a winner!
PLEASE SHARE &