Easy to make soft pretzels for any day, game day, or party snacks. This is a great #cookingwithkids recipe and a back to school snack to add to the kids lunch box.
Easy Air Fryer Soft Pretzel Recipe Cooking With Kids
This air fryer soft pretzel recipe is so very easy to make. You can have a snack in less than 30 minutes and ready to enjoy while watching your favorite team or on family movie night.
Let’s get to the details about snacks and what is everyone’s favorite. That’s always a debate. Most often everyone likes any crunchy snack. If there is a dip to go with the snack, then it’s a hit.
Soft pretzels are not crunchy but they are a great snack for almost any gathering. Using refrigerator rolls or crescent rolls makes this snack quick and easy. The kids will definitely enjoy rolling out the dough to make the pretzel shapes. This is a very easy recipe that the kids will enjoy making. They can do all the rolling and making their own pretzel shapes. Then you can just place them in the air fryer on these air fryer parchment circles. These parchment circles are very helpful for several reasons.
I place the dough on the parchment, then lift the parchment into to the air fryer basket.
As you can see in the photo above, the refrigerator dough is very easy for the kids to use. TIP: FYI if your kids are under 7 or 8, be sure you have an extra roll or two. Sometimes the kids like to play with the dough. Kids in the kitchen is all about fun and having them engage with you.
Cooking with the kids is always something I keep in mind when thinking of a recipe. Engaging the kids in the kitchen has many benefits for the kids as well as for us adults. Many math issues have been solved during our cooking sessions. It also keeps the kids busy during snow days or winter recess when the weather is nasty. Their questions and interaction always makes for a fun afternoon.Print
Air Fryer Soft Pretzel Recipe Cooking With Kids
Air Fryer Soft Pretzel Recipe cooking with kids is an easy snack to make for game day or family movie night. The kids will also enjoy making their own pretzel shapes. Use refrigerator crescent roll dough for a quick and easy snack everyone will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 6-10 min.
- Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 6-8 pretzels
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pkg. crescent refrigerator rolls
- 1/2 cup water (room temp is fine)
- Course Kosher Salt and/or Sesame seeds
- non-stick cooking spray
- Remove the dough from the package. Roll it out into a rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 1″ or 1 12″ strips lengthwise.
- Roll up each strip into a log, and then shape into a pretzel.
- Brush the top of the shaped pretzels with water then sprinkle with salt and/or sesame seeds.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the shaped pretzel dough in the air fryer basket.
- Bake at 330 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes – which is the temp and time for my air fryer.
- Read the manufacturer’s directions for your air fryer for baking details. Each air fryer cooks/bakes differently.
- Serve within 3-4 hours. I saved a couple of leftover pretzels in a plastic baggie and refrigerated them. They were still delicious a few days later after re-heating wrapped in a paper towel in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Keywords: kids in the kitchen, soft pretzels, air fryer recipe, easy snack recipe, game day snacks, cooking with kids,
Here is another fun and easy Cooking With Kids Pretzel Bites recipe you can make anytime. Oh, and think how much less time they will be engaged with their electronics and doing something more creative.
This easy air fryer soft pretzel recipe is even better when you can add a dip to the snack tray. You can make this very easy Sweet and Sour Sauce Copycat Recipe. Kids of all ages will enjoy this dipping sauce.