Air Fryer Soft Pretzel Recipe Cooking With Kids
Air Fryer Soft Pretzel Recipe cooking with kids is an easy snack to make for game day or family movie night. The kids will also enjoy making their own pretzel shapes. Use refrigerator crescent roll dough for a quick and easy snack everyone will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 6-10 min.
- Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 6-8 pretzels
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pkg. crescent refrigerator rolls
- 1/2 cup water (room temp is fine)
- Course Kosher Salt and/or Sesame seeds
- non-stick cooking spray
- Remove the dough from the package. Roll it out into a rectangle.
- Slice the dough into 1″ or 1 12″ strips lengthwise.
- Roll up each strip into a log at least 12″ long. The roll should be about 1/2 inch thin. Then shape into a pretzel. (TIP: test bake one or two pretzels to see how much they increase after baking. You can then adjust the size you roll the dough into the size you prefer – thicker pretzel or a thin pretzel.
- Brush the top of the shaped pretzels with water then sprinkle with salt and/or sesame seeds.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the shaped pretzel dough in the air fryer basket.
- Bake at 330 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes – which is the temp and time for my air fryer.
- Read the manufacturer’s directions for your air fryer for baking details. Each air fryer cooks/bakes differently.
- Serve within 3-4 hours. I saved a couple of leftover pretzels in a plastic baggie and refrigerated them. They were still delicious a few days later after re-heating wrapped in a paper towel in the microwave for 20 seconds.
BASED ON A RECENT COMMENT – TIPS: This fun baking with kids in the kitchen is always a learning experience. This is not a perfect baking challenge especially when working with refrigerator dough. The type of dough and the oven you have will also have an effect on the results.
Keywords: kids in the kitchen, soft pretzels, air fryer recipe, easy snack recipe, game day snacks, cooking with kids,