An easy dinner to make with just a few ingredients, sautéed and served with a simple sauce made with fresh lemon juice, butter and a few capers added is easy chicken piccata recipe.
Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe
You might be asking just what is chicken piccata. Piccata is an Italian recipe where the preparation of either meat/poultry or fish is thinly sliced, sautéed, and served in a sauce made with lemon juice, butter, and capers. Quite simple!
Let’s give it a Go!Print
Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe
Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It’s a light meal that has delicious fresh lemon flavors. Serve with a crusty foccacia bread.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 12-15 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 4-6 tbls. butter (or use your preferred butter alternative)
- 3-5 tbls. olive oil (or you can use avocado oil)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 tbls. or capers, rinsed to remove some salt (you can add more capers if you wish)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of oregano (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Use a large skillet and heat on medium high then add in 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of oil. Allow the butter and oil to heat up and sizzle a bit then add in the prepared chicken breasts. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, just until lightly browned. Turn the chicken over and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Do not over-cook the chicken. Remove the lightly browned chicken, add the rest of the chicken and cook the same. Add the chicken to a plate.
- Next add the lemon juice, chicken stock and capers to the pan, bring to a slight boil and scrape browned bits in the pan. This adds in additional flavor.
- Taste sauce for seasoning. Add in additional salt and pepper if needed and then add in 2 tablespoons of butter. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining butter to the lemon sauce and whisk vigorously so that the flour is well blended into the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and heat through. Add the chicken to the plates, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Keywords: chicken piccata, easy chicken dinner, chicken recipe, lemon and caper sauce
On those busy days easy chicken piccata recipe takes little effort and stress. All you need to remember is to keep your fridge and pantry stocked in advance. This is always a good tip when there are holidays, inclement weather, or events that pop up unexpectedly.
Serve this Homemade Focaccia Bread on the side with the easy chicken piccata recipe.