Original Italian Alfredo Sauce
Original Italian Alfredo Sauce is an easy recipe to make on a busy day. This recipe only takes about 20 minutes, especially if you use the fresh fettuccine from the refrigerator section of your supermarket.
- Prep Time: 5-7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 22-30 min.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Shallots or garlic chopped
- 2-4 tbls. Butter
- 1-2 tbls. fresh lemon juice and some -Optional- white wine (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup of any cooked and chopped fresh vegetable you would like to add
- fresh Buitoni fettuccine or linguine (the fresh Buitoni only takes a few minutes to cook)
- 1/4 cup or so of the hot pasta water if needed
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbls. fresh parsley chopped, or fresh chopped basil
- Saute the shallots or garlic in the melted butter until soft and opaque.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and [white wine if using] and let cook for a minute or two.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently stir to blend the flavors with the pasta.
- If you need more sauce, add some of the hot pasta water. Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley or basil.
- Add some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
When draining the pasta, save some of the pasta water. You can use this to add to the pasta if you prefer ‘juice’ in your pasta.
Keywords: Alfredo Sauce, original recipe, Italian style, Alfredo, no cream Alfredo sauce, fettuccine alfredo