Cinnamon Coconut Sugar Glazed Walnuts
Cinnamon Coconut Sugar Glazed Walnuts is a very quick and easy recipe. Serve the cinnamon sugar glazed walnuts on game day. It’s also a delicious New Year’s Eve party snack OR a delicious and easy Hostess Gift! For no stress entertaining you can definitely make this a day or two in advance – and it’s so easy. Best to keep in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. Gluten free & refined sugar free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 min.
- Yield: 1-2 cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (use 1/2 cup if using 2 cups of walnuts – you can also use your preferred sugar)
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 cups unbroken walnut halves
- Combine butter, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper if using, in a small pot over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves into the melted butter.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Cook stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, covering the walnuts – takes about 2-4 minutes.
- Place the walnuts on a parchment lined cookie pan and add to a 425 degree oven. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Keep checking to be sure they do not burn.
- Place a paper towel on a sheet pan under the wire rack. Place the baked walnuts on the wire rack to dry.
- Nuts will crisp as they cool. Place in small serving bowl when ready to serve.
This is a very flexible recipe as to what seasonings you use. Make it spicy or more sweet, whatever your preference.
Keywords: glazed walnuts, appetizer, game day snacks, New Year's party snacks, party food