Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
Easy Peppermint Bark is so festive. It’s really easy to make and it’s a nice addition to the the holiday dessert table.
I’ve updated this post since I’ve made both the white chocolate peppermint bark as well as the dark chocolate peppermint bark. Making this easy peppermint bark recipe is always on my must make list during the winter holiday season.
During this season we sometimes are over whelmed with a variety of food. Even though peppermint bark is a sweet treat, you only need to chip off a small piece without going overboard.
Too many cakes and desserts this time of year can put us all on a sugar overload. So I try to cut back and for each dinner I’ll make only two different desserts. This allows us to have a variety of treats over the course of the season. I do try to keep the dessert overload under control.
I’m a chocolate fan, so I usually make dark chocolate bark. With lots of peppermint around during this season I like adding it when I can to a sweet treat. Last year I made both white chocolate and dark chocolate peppermint bark. However I did notice the dark chocolate was more popular. Don’t be shy though, you can use you favorite chocolate – milk, bittersweet, dark, or white chocolate. Make what you know you and your family will enjoy most.
Even though I’m a dark chocolate lover I have to say I enjoy the white chocolate bark. The peppermint flavor along with the crunchiness of the candy canes makes this a delicious holiday treat.
Peppermint bark is easy to make. It took me less than 20 minutes from start to clean-up. Then you just need to chill the chocolate in the fridge for a while. The time it takes to chill the chocolate will depend on how thick you spread the chocolate layer. The white chocolate peppermint bark was thin so chill time was very short, about an hour.
This recipe is quite flexible, it’s not an exact science. You can use as much or as little of any ingredients you choose.
I remade peppermint bark and used green and red peppermint candy canes. Then I also used dark chocolate to make another variety of peppermint bark.Print
Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
Easy peppermint bark recipe is an easy recipe to make and add to your special holiday treats for the Winter Holidays. Adding chopped peppermint to melted chocolate is a quick recipe to make for holiday entertaining. You can change up the add-ins to the chocolate and make this for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 7-10 min.
- Cook Time: 2-5 min.
- Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz. of baking chocolate – I use 60% Cocoa Ghiradelli (feel free to use you favorite chocolate) as you can see, I’ve made both white chocolate bark, and dark chocolate bark. Make both or choose your favorite.
- 5 mini candy canes chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruits – this is optional (cherries, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts optional (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- Melt the the chocolate over a double boiler
- Add about 1/3 cup of the chopped ingredients you will be using to the melted chocolate (this is optional).
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly on parchment lined cookie sheet. (I try to spread the chocolate to about 1/8 to 1/4 thick. This is a personal choice.) Then sprinkle the chopped ingredients over the top of the melted chips. Tap them lightly so they set into the melted chips but are still sitting on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the pan with the melted chocolate in the fridge and let it set for about 2-3 hours.
- When fully chilled, break apart into chunks, or you can try to cut the chocolate into squares.
I make chocolate bark throughout the year. When it’s a holiday I’ll add in something to fit the holiday. Sometimes I add in chopped pretzels or chopped nuts. Chocolate bark is so flexible you can add in whatever you favorites may be. Peppermint Bark is an economical to make and is great to give as ‘food gifts’ for the holidays.
Keywords: peppermint bark, chocolate bark, chocolate peppermint bark, Christmas bark, party dessert
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark is so festive. It’s really easy to make and it’s a nice addition to the the holiday dessert table.
Make this easy Sweet Treat to enjoy this holiday season! If you have never made peppermint bark, you should give it a try. It’s a great addition to holiday dessert. This also makes great ‘food gifts’ during the season. It’s easy, economical, and festive as well.