Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
Easy peppermint bark recipe is an easy recipe to make and add to your special holiday treats for the Winter Holidays. Adding chopped peppermint to melted chocolate is a quick recipe to make for holiday entertaining. You can change up the add-ins to the chocolate and make this for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 7-10 min.
- Cook Time: 2-5 min.
- Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz. of baking chocolate – I use 60% Cocoa Ghiradelli (feel free to use you favorite chocolate) as you can see, I’ve made both white chocolate bark, and dark chocolate bark. Make both or choose your favorite.
- 5 mini candy canes chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruits – this is optional (cherries, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts optional (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- Melt the the chocolate over a double boiler
- Add about 1/3 cup of the chopped ingredients you will be using to the melted chocolate (this is optional).
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly on parchment lined cookie sheet. (I try to spread the chocolate to about 1/8 to 1/4 thick. This is a personal choice.) Then sprinkle the chopped ingredients over the top of the melted chips. Tap them lightly so they set into the melted chips but are still sitting on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the pan with the melted chocolate in the fridge and let it set for about 2-3 hours.
- When fully chilled, break apart into chunks, or you can try to cut the chocolate into squares.
I make chocolate bark throughout the year. When it’s a holiday I’ll add in something to fit the holiday. Sometimes I add in chopped pretzels or chopped nuts. Chocolate bark is so flexible you can add in whatever you favorites may be. Peppermint Bark is an economical to make and is great to give as ‘food gifts’ for the holidays.
Keywords: peppermint bark, chocolate bark, chocolate peppermint bark, Christmas bark, party dessert