Strawberry Bruschetta is a quick and easy appetizer to prepare for holiday entertaining as well as for weekend game day snacks.
Fresh fruit is always included in our dessert menu and strawberries just seem to be a favorite. For family brunches I always make strawberry bruschetta so for a holiday appetizer this is a quick and easy item to prepare and add to our menu.
Sometimes I use whole grain bread and with a glass (or you can use a biscuit cutter) I cut out 2-3″ rounds. I lightly toast the bread circles and set them aside. Just before serving I added the prepared strawberries to the bread rounds. There you have an easy and delicious strawberry bruschetta.
When I recently made strawberry bruschetta appetizer I used whole grain crackers which were large. You can choose any size crackers which will fit with your theme or gathering.Print
Strawberry Bruschetta Appetizer
Strawberry Bruschetta Appetizer is an easy to make Brunch recipe to serve any time. This recipe is simply made using whole grain bread cut in rounds and diced fresh strawberries. Or simple use store bought crackers and add the chopped strawberries. Add Family Friendly Fruit Drinks for the perfect Holiday Celebration.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Total Time: 15-20 min.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: breakfast/brunch/appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pint or quart of Fresh Strawberries (slice some and chop enough for the bruschetta)
- 10 whole grain bread slices, cut into rounds and toasted (use as many bread rounds you might need)
- 1-2 tsp. honey (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 10-12 2″ round whole grain crackers (or use your preferred crackers)
- Slice or chop the strawberries and add a teaspoon of honey and balsamic vinegar and stir until blended. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut rounds or triangles from bread slices and toast. Set aside. Or if using crackers, place them on a platter, set aside so they are ready for you to add the strawberries.
- Just before serving add the strawberries to the toast and serve.
This is a very flexible recipe, use the necessary amount of strawberries, bread slices and fruit juice you will need for the number of people. Often the strawberries are sweet, no honey or sugar is needed. Taste before adding sweetener.
Keywords: Holiday Brunch, breakfast, fresh fruit bruschetta, strawberries, Christmas holiday brunch, Spring/Easter Holiday Brunch
I’ve also made strawberry bruschetta for entertaining using whole grain round crackers. You can choose the size and the flavor of the crackers. This makes a delicious spring or early summer appetizer or snack. It’s so very easy to make and it’s a healthy and refreshing snack on a warm afternoon.