Frico Cheese Crisps are so very easy to make and they are a delicious addition to the side salad with dinner.
Frico Cheese Crisps
When planning a special meal for the holidays or when you are having guests make these easy frico cheese crisps to add to the salad. They add additional crunch and flavor to a tossed green salad.
I recently was inspired to make these to add to our holiday salad. My sisters and I do not often get together unless there is a special celebration which we all attended this past weekend. One topic we always bring up is our favorite foods that our grandmother and mother would make for holidays and special occasions. The frico cheese crisps suddenly was on my radar.
These delicious and salty cheese crisps were often added to the salad course when we had holiday dinners. So here I am sharing this easy frico cheese crisps recipe that you can make using your preferred cheese. Using your favorite cheese you can make this simple 2 ingredient recipe in advance so there’s no stress added to your holiday menu prep.
Your favorite cheese and crushed pepper is all you need for a gluten free cheese crisp to enjoy with your salad.Print
Frico Cheese Crisps
Frico Cheese Crisps is an easy 2 ingredient recipe. Serve the cheese crisps with the salad, or serve them as an appetizer. Also serve the frico cheese crisps to add to grilled burgers in place of a slice of cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 5 min.
- Total Time: 10 min.
- Yield: approx. 4 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup of grated cheese (use parmigiano, cheddar, pepper jack depending on your menu)
- crushed black pepper to taste
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet. PREHEAT Oven to 425 degrees.
- Use 1 or 2 tbls. of grated cheese for each cheese crisp. (you can add more or less cheese based on how large you wish to make the cheese crisps).
- Add the grated cheese to the parchment paper and bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven when cheese has melted. Set the pan on a cooling rack.
- Remove the cheese crisps from the pan when cooled.
The size of the cheese crisps is determined by how much cheese you use for each portion. I usually make mine using 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese. However if you will add the frico to grilled burgers you might want to use 2 tablespoons of cheese (or more if you wish).
Keywords: Cheese crisps, frico, grated cheese baked, appetizer, serve with salads